Disney California Adventure® will kick off a superhero-filled summer on May 27, 2017, with the grand opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT!® The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-themed adventure replaces The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror® in the Hollywood Land area of the theme park. Two other ongoing superhero experiences will be joining Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT!
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And from May 27 through September 10, 2017, during the Summer of Heroes, Disney California Adventure will offer even more –
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
Marvel contracts with Universal that pre-date the acquisition of Marvel by Disney continue to restrict the use of Marvel intellectual property at Walt Disney World. But HERO UP! The Marvel presence is growing at the Disneyland Resort.
Fall at the Walt Disney World® Resort just keeps getting better and better! This year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival® will be an EPIC 75 days long, and will feature unique flavors served up by a record 35 food and drink kiosks located throughout World Showcase – and even across the bridges into Future World.
But we’ve known that was coming for a while. Today’s breaking news is that tickets are now on sale for the Fall special event parties in the Magic Kingdom®. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party® will kick off on August 25, 2017. Thirty-one of my favorite special event parties will take place between then and the final halloween party on November 1, 2017. If you schedule your vacation just right, you can even kick off with that last Mickey’s No So Scary Halloween Party, and conclude with the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party® on the evening of November 9, 2017! You can enjoy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party throughout the months of November and December – 21 party nights in all.
These Magic Kingdom parties are known as “hard ticket events,” meaning they require a separate ticket for admission than a regular theme park admission ticket. On party nights, the Magic Kingdom will close relatively early (usually at 7:00 p.m.) to guests with regular park tickets. Guests who purchase a party ticket can begin entering the Magic Kingdom with that party ticket beginning at 4:00 p.m., and the parties generally run until midnight. Both holiday parties feature special food treats, unique party parades and expanded and specially-themed fireworks shows. Prices for party tickets vary pretty widely – as a general rule, prices are higher the closer you get to the holiday. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party ticktes start at $69/child and $74/adult for parties early in the cycle, and top out at $110/child and $115/adult for Halloween night. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets range from $84/child and $89/adult for some early November parties, up to $104/child and $109/adult for the last three parties on the schedule. (All prices not including tax).
You can hear me talking about some of the details of these Fall Special Events on previous episodes of the DISDads Podcast, such as Episode 274 (from March, 2015) and Episode 224 (from September, 2014). As you can tell from those shows, Fall is just about my favorite time to be at Walt Disney World. There is still some discount availability, particularly for September and December travel dates – let’s get started on YOUR fantastic Fall family vacation at Walt Disney World!
Note: Both menu prices and dining plan inclusions are subject to change. Items that can be purchased for a snack credit are clearly identified on menus with a Disney Dining Plan logo.
What are your favorite snacks in the Magic Kingdom? Are they a good value when you are using dining plan snack credits?
This year, consider a completely different Central Florida vacation. SeaWorld Orlando has some great new experiences coming on line this year, and they’re doing some aggressive discounting. I just priced a trip at the end of October, 2017 for a family of four – two parents and two teenagers. I was able to find a deal for them that has them staying at a SeaWorld Partner hotel within one mile of SeaWorld, with two queen beds; length-of-stay admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica Water Park; a free Cup that Cares™; and free all-day dining for one day in each of SeaWorld and Aquatica for under $1,000! (Airfare and ground transfers not included).
At Mouse Master Travel, Disney Destinations may be our focus, but we recognize that there are many fantastic family vacation opportunities in Central Florida (and around the world). What we care about most is helping your family have the family vacation experience that is as close to your ideal vacation as possible! Contact us at email@example.com to get us started planning your SeaWorld Orlando family vacation.